We’re driven by one simple idea - to build a better future for all Australians
First State Super is a profit-for-members fund, which means that everything we do is designed to deliver better financial outcomes for you. We operate and invest ethically, with a strong sense of social responsibility, and a clear understanding that our values must represent and reflect your own.
In the last 20 years we’ve grown to become one of the country’s largest super funds, managing more than $90 billion. The majority of our 800,000 members and clients work in health, education and service-based vocations, including law enforcement, emergency services and other professions that care for the community. Our size means we can invest directly in hospitals, infrastructure and agriculture in the communities in which our members live, work and retire.
We also have the largest member-owned financial planning network in Australia. Our financial advisers are available in city and regional locations, or by phone and offer a range of advice services, including simple phone advice about your super at no additional cost, to help you achieve the lifestyle in retirement you want.
We are proud to put our members first. This means we:
- Listen, and respond to your needs – talk to us , over the or face-to-face via our network of member services centres and appointment .
- Help you to be in control - we run regular regional seminars, so you can get up to speed with how super works, and how you can make it work harder for you.
- Negotiate for a better deal on your behalf – we use our scale to keep our fees as low as possible.
- Are with you from work to life after work - we can simplify your transition to retirement by helping you transfer your super account balance into one of our income stream products.
- Want you to have the best investment choices – that’s why we offer a range of investment options, which gives you full access to investment markets without the confusion that comes when you have a much larger investment choice.
- Want you and your family to be secure no matter what happens - we offer you flexible, tailored insurance benefits – even if you’re in a high-risk occupation.
- Give you support to make the best decisions - We offer a range of advice services from simple phone advice about your super at no additional cost through to fee-based comprehensive advice.
As at November 2017 ↩