Feel future ready with one of Australia's most award winning profit-for-member funds.
Choosing the right super fund is important. It could make a big difference to the lifestyle you’ll have when you stop work and retire.
Why First State Super?
As one of Australia’s largest super funds, we have the size and scale to provide you with security, competitive fees and premiums, and access to unique investment opportunities. We are a profit-for-member fund, which means we work for you and not for shareholders.
We have been awarded Platinum Performance^1 for our employer sponsored and personal super, and our income stream products for the last 10 years (2007-17). And, we also regularly receive top ratings and awards from our industry’s leading research agencies.
Here are some other reasons why:
- We’re continually ranked in the top ten best value funds open to everyone
- Competitive investment returns with 12 different options available, including two socially responsible options
- Great value insurance that can be paid directly from your super account
- Expert advice relating to your super account at no additional cost from our superannuation advisers
- Face-to-face help and support at one of our local service centers – staffed by locals, for locals. Telephone support from our member service team who are Australian based
- The largest member owned financial planning team who are employed directly by us to assist with more complex financial needs
Opening an account with us is easy
You can open a super account online with us as long as you’re 18 or older. If setting up an account for yourself or someone else under 18, contact us.
Open an income stream account
You can stay with First State Super once you retire with our great value income stream products where we help you manage your money in retirement. Our retirement income stream offers tax free investment earnings (up to $1.6m) – so you can let the experts manage your money while enjoying all the tax benefits on offer and the life style that you want.Start an income stream
Comparing super funds can be tricky. But it’s important to understand the features and benefits that different funds offer so you can choose the one that’s right for you. AppleCheck is an independent tool that provides a quick and simple way to compare the fees, investment performance and insurance products of more than 150 super funds of your choice.
What if I change jobs?
In most case you can take your First State Super account with you wherever you go. Taking us with you is easy as two simple steps:
- Complete this Choice of fund form
- Hand the form to your employer along with a complying fund notice