We help you save for life after work with great value services.
Choosing the right super fund is an important step. It could have a big influence on the amount of money and lifestyle you’ll have when you stop working.
Why First State Super?
As one of Australia’s largest super funds, we have the size and scale to provide you with security, competitive fees and premiums, and access to unique investment opportunities. We also regularly receive top ratings and awards from our industry’s leading research agencies.
As a member you'll also have access to:
- Help and support from our member service team
- Single-issue advice at no additional cost from our superannuation advisers
- A wide range of investment options including two socially responsible options
- Income stream products as you move into retirement.
Open a super account
You can open a super account online with us as long as you’re 18 or older. If setting up an account for yourself or someone else under 18, contact us.
Open an income stream account
You can stay with First State Super once you retire with our great value income stream products where we help you manage your money in retirement.Start an income stream
Compare us to other funds
Comparing super funds can be difficult. But it’s important to understand the features and benefits that different funds offer so you can choose the one that’s right for you. AppleCheck is an independent tool that provides a quick and simple way to compare the fees, investment performance and insurance products of more than 150 super funds of your choice.
Keep my account when I change jobs
You can take your First State Super account with you wherever you go, if you’re eligible to make a choice for your superannuation contributions.
If you change jobs, then simply:
- Complete this Choice of fund form
- Hand the form to your employer along with a complying fund notice
- If you are eligible, your employer should start paying contributions into your First State Super account.