We have a team of investment specialists who oversee our investment portfolios and manage a number of investments in house.
We invest in our team so that they have the resources to find opportunities that can create value for our members.
The team is led by Damian Graham, our Chief Investment Officer. Damian is responsible for the investment strategy of both First State Super and State Super Financial Services Australia Limited (StatePlus), the company purchased by First State Super in 2016, and brings over 25 years’ experience managing equity portfolios and investment teams.
How we manage your super
The investment team delivers value to members with an approach that focuses on:
- Strategic and active asset allocation to get the right mix of different investment types.
- High quality research to underpin and improve investment decisions.
- Managing select assets in-house, which brings market insights and greater access to unique opportunities.
- Active ownership and engagement to drive positive change with companies we invest in.
- Integrating Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) considerations into the investment process.
The team also performs a cash flow and portfolio re-balancing function for the pre-mixed investment options to help ensure each option is invested as closely as possible in line with the target asset allocations.