There’s a lot to consider when choosing a super fund. Investing in the right fund could mean more money for your future. And more money could give you much more confidence in a long and comfortable life.
We are frequently assessed by independent superannuation rating agencies -
hear an example from SuperRatings below.
What to consider when comparing super funds
- The lower the better as this will build your savings faster
- Pay attention to factors like how often the quoted fees will be charged on your account
- Consider the different types of fees, such as management fees and investment fees
- Ensure there are options that suit your needs and comfort levels with risk
- When looking at investment returns make sure your comparison is based on the investment option you want to invest in
- Choose a fund that has performed well over the last 5 years – do not chase last year’s best performer
- See what cover is available and how much it costs
- Find out about death and disability benefits
- Call us and browse the websites of super funds to see what other services they offer
- Consider other features and services of the super fund by
Get the facts
- Read the fund’s Product Disclosure Statement and other guides to find out about the fund’s feature and services
- If you are employed, in most cases you can choose the fund that will receive your employer contributions – your employer will tell you if you do not have this choice
Decide what’s best for you
Super is your money and the choices you make now can impact your future. Super comparison websites can help you compare funds in terms of features, fees and investment performance. But first, get informed, by reading about super comparison websites at moneysmart.