We look for investments that offer good returns, that are sustainable, generate jobs, foster innovation and contribute to a more productive economy.
We’re passionate about helping our members secure a better financial future. As one of Australia’s biggest super funds, we have a large pool of capital to invest. This means that our investment decisions can have an impact on both the economy and the environment.
If you have ever wondered about how we invest your hard earned super, then you’ll be interested in our videos below. The videos explain what we do with your money, how we do it and why we do it.
Our investment philosophy is built around a number of principles:
- Asset allocation, or creating the right mix of the different types of investments, is the main driver of risk and returns.
- High-quality research underpins and improves our investment decisions.
- Active ownership and participation (what we call ‘engagement’) will lead to better outcomes for our members and the wider community.
- There are opportunities to create additional value by having our skilled fund managers identify niche or unique investment opportunities.
- Costs and returns matter – we are very conscious of not paying too much, and earning a competitive return.
- And while we look for competitive returns, we will not compromise our strong ethical position;
- Finally, we want to use our influence as a large investor to improve the world that our members retire into – we’re conscious of the legacy we leave for future generations.
Find out more on how we are investing your money
Our Investment portfolio showcase video below takes you through some of the actual investments in our portfolio. See first-hand where your money is invested and why.
Our philosophy and investment team video demonstrates that good returns don’t happen by chance. They are the outcome of a sound philosophy, our investment approach; and the quality and expertise of the team looking after your money.
We manage $85bn in retirement savings including $64bn in superannuation and $21bn in retirement savings under advice^1. Our investment portfolio is one of the largest in the country. Our leadership team has an average of 20 years’ experience in the investment industry.
How we can help
If you have any questions about your investment options, you can contact our team who can give you simple advice. Our team can talk you through the basics of managing super and help you get more out of your membership with us.
Simple advice is already included in the cost of your membership – so you don’t have to pay anything upfront.
*As at July 2017 ↩