We regularly receive top ratings and awards from our industry’s leading research agencies.
Recognition from our industry peers is a testament to our ongoing commitment to members and their future.
Over the last 10 years, we’ve grown to become one of Australia’s largest public offer funds, responsible for growing the retirement savings for more than 750,000 members.
Through this growth we are proud to have picked up a number of prestigious awards. We’ve also been judged consistently highly by our industry’s rating agencies.
Awards and ratings are given by objective, third-parties. That means when we win or are rated well, it's based purely on cost effectiveness, our performance, our services and how we manage your fund.
Earlier this year the independent superannuation ratings agency CANSTAR awarded our Personal Super Product the Outstanding Value Award for 2016.
Our current awards
Money Magazine’s Best of the Best awards
- Best Growth Super Fund 2016 (high growth option)
- Best Growth Super Fund 2015 (high growth option)
- Personal Super Product - Outstanding Value Award 2016
- Workplace Super Product of the Year - Value Choice 2014
- Personal Super Product of the Year - Value Choice 2013
- Best Growth Return 2009-2014 for the Employer Sponsored and Personal
SuperReview’s Super Fund of the Year awards
- Best MySuper Investment Option 2014
- Best Public Sector Fund 2013 and 2014
How we compare
This chart shows Chant West's breakdown of annual fees for MySuper products between First State Super, and the not-for-profit funds, retail master trusts and overall industry averages^3.
Annual industry ratings
Chant West 2014-15 annual rating
- 5 Apples super funds rating for the Employer Sponsored and Personal
- 5 Apples pension funds rating for the Pension
Selecting Super 2015 annual ratings
- AAA rating for the Employer Sponsored (including MySuper, Personal and Income stream Divisions
Super Ratings 2015 annual ratings
- Platinum Super for the Employer Sponsored, Personal and Pension
- Platinum MySuper for the First State Super MySuper Life Cycle
- 10 Year Platinum Performance for the Employer Sponsored and Personal (2005-15)
- 7 Year Platinum Performance for the Employer Sponsored and Personal (2008-15)
FSS Trustee Corporation ABN 11 118 202 672 ASFL 293340 is the trustee of the First State Superannuation Scheme (First State Super) ABN 53 226 460 365.
Financial planning advice is provided by First State Super Financial Services Pty Ltd ABN 37 096 452 318, AFSL 240019.
SelectingSuper describes the best overall fees payable where overall fees are calculated for a member earning $50,000 p.a. and who has $50,000 in their superannuation fund's default investment option for Personal Super products that anyone can join as at 30 June 2015. ↩
SuperRatings describes the lowest average fees payable of a $50,000 account balance for public offer funds as at 30 June 2016. ↩
Source: Chant West Super Fund Fee Survey June 2016. Fees are gross of income tax for a $50,000 account balance and based on publicly available information and discussions with each provider. Fees include administration and investment fees and costs for each fund’s MySuper investment option. ↩