We are one of Australia’s largest super funds with more than $32 billion in funds under management and over 770,000 members. And because we are a not for profit fund, all profits are used for the benefit of our members. On top of this, our members can take advantage of a range of services and benefits including:
- Low fees: Our fees are among the lowest for superannuation funds.*
- Wide range of investments: We offer a choice of 12 investment options so you can choose the option that best suits your needs.
- Income streams: Our income stream products let you stay with First State Super even when you choose to retire permanently or want to make the transition to retirement.
- Free seminars: First State Super runs regular seminars on superannuation, investment and retirement.
- Financial planning: You can access a dedicated financial planning service which provides low‑cost personal financial advice.
- Insurance cover: When you become a member, you have access to competitively-priced insurance benefits.
- Dedicated member helpline: Members can discuss their superannuation requirements with fully‑qualified customer service representatives.
- Industry awards and recognition: Our service, products and member education are well regarded by industry research companies. And best of all, your membership is portable, so you can stay a member of First State Super even if you change jobs.
First State Super and Health Super merger
First State Super merged with Health Super on 30 June 2011 with the full integration of the Funds completed mid-2012.
Health Super served as an industry super fund for those working in health and community services for more than 40 years. Now, the larger scale of the combined Funds means that members can continue to benefit from low costs, improved insurance benefits, and access to quality member services.
The Trustee of First State Super is FSS Trustee Corporation ABN 11 118 202 672. The Trustee holds an AFSL 293340 which enables it to deal in, and provide general advice about, superannuation products. The Trustee also holds an RSE L0002127 which enables it to act as trustee of a public offer superannuation fund. Click here for our CEO and Board.
The Trustee employs a full time executive to manage the day to day activities of the Trustee's business. The role of the executive includes overseeing the performance of the various service providers.
The Trustee has a contract with Pillar Administration for Pillar to administer the day to day operations of First State Super. Pillar Administration employs some 400 staff to handle a range of administrative matters including running the Customer Service contact centre, processing employer and member contributions, maintaining member records, and paying benefits. Pillar Administration is the trading name of Superannuation Administration Corporation (ABN 80 976 223 967, AFS Licence No. 245591).
Insurance for Personal and Employer Sponsored Members
Death, total and permanent disablement (TPD) and income protection insurance cover offered to First State Super Personal and Employer Sponsored members is provided under insurance policies issued to the Trustee by TAL Life Limited (ABN 70 050 109 450, AFS Licence No: 237848) (TAL) (the insurer).
Ambulance Officers’ insurance cover
Ambulance Officers’ insurance cover is provided for eligible ambulance officers through First State Super under a policy issued to the Trustee by Zurich Australia Limited (ABN 92 000 010 195, AFSL Number 232510).
Police Blue Ribbon insurance cover
Police Blue Ribbon insurance cover is provided for eligible police officers through First State Super under a policy issued to the Trustee by TAL Life Limited (ABN 70050 109 450, AFS Licence No.237848) (TAL).
*Selecting Super -describes the best overall fees payable for superannuation funds, where overall fees are calculated for a member earning around $50,000 p.a. and who has $50,000 in their superannuation fund's default investment option as at August 2011. Go to www.selectingsuper.com.au and look under Top_10_Fees_Overall for more information.